Autumn hint with our Chef's suggestion: roasted duck liver with sweet potato purée
Ingredients: (for 4 people)
- 800 g duck liver
- 1000 g sweet potato
- 2 medium sized pears
- 250 g butter
- 30 g rosemary
- 100 ml olive oil
- 30 g brown sugar
- 0,05 ml balsamic vinegar
- 100 g arugula
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the fatted duck liver to 3 cm thick with a knife dipped in lukewarm water. Take attention to the liver because it can break easily, when it is too rigid.
- Cover the livers with grease paper and put aside.
- The sweet potatoes are cleaned, cut into equal pieces and on slow fire soften on 100 g butter, flavour with salt and a little rosemary.
- When finished, apply a fine filter and mix it with cream. Cut the pears, then heat the butter and the brown sugar, then caramelize and seasone with the chopped rosemary.
- Season the liver slices with salt and pepper, then bake both sides for 1 minute, in a preheated pan with a small amount of olive oil.
- During serving, place the sweet potatoes in the center of the plate and place the pears and liver to the top of it, then sprinkle it with the rucola mixed with balsamic orange juice.
- At the end, sprinkle it with the sauce of the fried liver.